This Airbag and Safety Certification Training Course is designed to teach and train individual’s safety, design, function, proper handling and servicing of restraint systems. Provide instruction in current methods and practices of removal and replacement of Supplement Restraint Systems according to the State of California. Students will develop the critical thinking and technical skills necessary to diagnose and repair and replace Supplement Restraint Systems related problems.
- Apply general safety practices in addition to specific procedures related to all warning and service precaution.
- Describe and explain the operations of Supplement Restraint Systems.
- Locate SRS components and wiring connectors.
- Perform system operation check.
- Disable and enable airbag systems.
- Understand proper disposal procedures.
- Use the information from service and repair manuals, airbag system inspection and replacement tables, and wiring component diagrams. Students will demonstrate the manufacturer’s specifications for systems operation and the appropriate repair/replacement parts and procedures.
- Select and properly use the correct hand and power tools as well as identifying specialty tools.
- Use self diagnostic systems and diagnostic trouble codes.
- Students who successfully complete this course will be qualified to remove and replace airbags and their components